You might be using your debit card everywhere to avoid risk of debt. There's little chance to overspend.
However, there are times when it makes better sense to use credit instead of debit, especially while shopping online.
1. You can face risks. Most credit cards come with zero fraud liability. You could lose all your money in debit card fraud.
2. You miss out on rewards. If you made the same purchase with a credit card, you could earn cashbacks or travel miles.
3. You lose sign-up bonuses: Many reward credit cards offer sign-up bonuses if you meet a minimum spending requirement.
4. You give up on protection. Many credit cards help you qualify for consumer protection and free insurance.
5. You're not building credit history. You're online spending can boost your credit history and improve your score.
While the perks are evident, first review if you are ready to use a credit card responsibly with online shopping.
Don't get carried away. Avoid overspending. Stick to your budget. Make balance payments in full and on time.