Credit card sign-up bonuses are a great way to get rewards. However, they are a one-time boost or you may not qualify.
There are plenty of other ways to rack up credit card rewards. Here are the top 5 smart ways to boost your rewards.
1. Use the right card for the right purpose. Different cards offer different bonuses. Maximize rewards with the right cards.
2. Find more expenses to pay using your credit card. Go over monthly expenses and reap the max rewards.
3. Make full use of shopping portals and dining programs. Loyalty points give you rewards for each dollar you spend.
4. Use cards that come pre-loaded with offers. Making specific purchases within a time limit can earn you rewards.
5. Sign up for free loyalty programs. Make use of airline loyalty programs or cash back offers to rack up points.
Choose the right card based on your own preferences, depending if you are a frequent flyer or shop online often.
Make sure you plan these though. That means spending within your budget and paying back your balance in full.