Being cautious with your money is a must. Prevent credit card fraud while traveling abroad with these seven steps.
1. Inform your bank when you plan to travel abroad to flag any suspicious activity. You can also set a travel alert with them.
2. Check your credit card statements regularly to watch out for any transactions you don’t recognize during the trip.
3. Avoid bringing all the cards you own to the trip. Take what you need and keep your cards separate while traveling.
4. Never leave credit cards in your checked luggage or unsecured in your hotel room when you're not around.
5. Set up fraud and purchase alerts to monitor your account activity and to be notified of any suspicious transactions.
6. Use an app with the ability to put a "hold" on your card or use a card that can be locked or switched "on" and "off" via your phone.
7. Consider using an RFID-blocking travel wallet to protect against digital theft of your credit card information.
By taking these steps, you can help protect yourself from credit card fraud while traveling abroad this summer.