On summer vacation? Here are several steps you can take to protect your credit card information while traveling.
1. First, bring only the credit cards you need for the trip and keep them separate while you are traveling.
2. Avoid leaving credit cards in checked luggage or unsecured in your hotel room if you are not around.
3. If you're at the beach or pool and are carrying your credit cards, consider using a waterproof bag to protect them.
4. Inform your credit card company of your destination and dates of travel to avoid an account freeze or fraud flag.
5. Set up fraud and purchase alerts of your credit card account on your phone to monitor unauthorized activity.
6. Use an RFID-blocking travel wallet to protect yourself against digital theft of your credit card information.
7. Safeguard your PIN code and avoid using a debit card for purchases. It can be more difficult to recover if stolen.
With these precautions, you can protect your credit card information and avoid fraud while traveling this summer.