Planning a summer vacation? Here are the top common mistakes to avoid when using credit cards for summer travel.
1. One mistake is using the wrong credit card to book flights or hotels. Doing this could cause you to miss out on extra rewards or perks.
2. Not planning how to make credit card payments while traveling can result in late fees or interest charges.
3. Avoid overspending to help earn rewards, pay off your balance in full each month, and prevent debt and interest charges.
4. Be aware of any foreign transaction fees or other fees associated with using your credit card abroad.
5. Choose a credit card that aligns with your travel habits and preferences with rewards and perks you will actually use.
Using a credit card to pay for summer travel is a good idea if you are able to pay off the balance in full and on time.
It is also important to review how much credit card debt you already have and pay off the debt before the trip.
Decide in advance the acceptable credit card debt you would feel comfortable with for your trip and consider alternatives.