Spring brings with it new opportunities to clean up your finances. This spring, give your credit score a makeover.
Keeping your credit score in good shape requires effort but these 5 spring cleaning ideas can be a good boost.
1. Dust off your credit reports: Spring clean your credit report by checking it for free and reviewing it.
2. Clean up credit errors: Make note of any information that looks suspicious or incorrect on your credit report.
3. Dispute errors with the 3 major credit bureaus: Equifax®, Experian®, and TransUnion® can all help you correct errors.
4. Cut down on debt: Pay down your credit card balance to reduce utilization ratio. This will lower interest rates.
5. Organize credit plan: Set up a solid credit building plan as part of spring cleaning efforts on your finances.
Establish positive credit history by making payments on time and ensuring a good credit mix in your report.
Good credit habits are essential all year long, but working on them this spring will set you down the right path.