Who is my student loan servicer?

Home Forums Student Loans Who is my student loan servicer?

  • Author
  • #28231
    Team StellarFi

    You can find out who your loan servicer is by logging in to your account dashboard and finding the “loan servicers” section. You can also call the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at (800) 433-3243. 

    A loan servicer is a company that the United States Department of Education assigns to handle your student loan billing and other services on their behalf at no cost to you. Your loan servicer will contact you after your loan amount is first disbursed. The loan servicer handles repayment options – like loan consolidation or income-driven repayment – and any other related assistance. It is important to keep your contact information updated so your loan servicer can contact you with updates and information related to your loan. 

    The Department of Education may need to transfer your loan from one servicer to another, but the loan will still be owned by the ED. 

    Remember, your loan servicer provides you with all this information for free and you don’t have to pay for assistance with consolidation or repayment. There may be companies asking you to pay subscription fees. Take care not to entertain such emails or calls because you are entitled to these services for free.

  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

StellarFinance, Inc. and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.

Related questions

Home Forums Student Loans Credit Reports & Scores

  • You must be logged in to create new topics.